Despite price, which many people think is the only consideration; the type of fabric to be used should be put into consideration. You should carry out a thorough investigation on the best fabric to use.
- They should be durable. This is because children like sitting, dragging, and either climbing rough trees or ground. Durable fabric makes the clothes overcome these harsh environments and serve the intended purpose. A good example of durable fabric includes khaki, denim and polyester blends.
- They should be comfortable to the kid. Fabrics that scratch your child will make him or her hate to wear the particular type of clothes and you may thus waste many funds in purchasing such clothes. The best fabrics are soft and well-knit. They should ensures that the child is comfortable thus enhancing their growth.
- Ensure that the fabric is easy to clean. Children’s clothes get dirty very fast due to the environment in which they grow. Their clothes need to be washed regularly. You should therefore avoid clothes made with fabrics that shrink, fade, or wrinkle when they are washed. In addition, you should avoid fabrics which bleach very fast especially when cleaned with particular detergents.
- Let the child help you decide on the color and pattern, which they find appealing. This ensures that they are satisfied and will have no stress when wearing them. The clothes should have appealing pictures such as cartoons, vehicles; animals, which will make the child, like and enjoy wearing them.
- Make the pajamas with flame retardant fabric. You should check labels for flame retardant fabrics. The clothes should have a label to show that the fabric is suitable for child’s use.