First, let’s dispense with the smaller stones: if you are buying one half carat or less total weight (meaning that each diamond weighs a quarter carat), then just about any setting style will be fine because it is very light weight.
However, if you are buying a one carat, two carat or larger pair of earrings, you need to carefully consider the setting style. There are three basic setting styles which are described below.
- Crown style settings: Most retail jewelers sell a crown style setting that pushes the diamond (and the weight) forward. The heavy weight of this setting will often cause the earring to droop downward in your ear lobe, which results in a sloppy look. The crown style setting looks like a solid metal cup with oval cutouts which extend into the 4 prongs that secure the diamond.
- Basket style settings: Better diamond studs are mounted deep in a basket setting, which balances the weight more evenly and and results in an earring that displays more or less straight forward in the ear. The basket setting is not solid metal. It is lighter open wire and looks like a hoop at the bottom with four perpendicular prong wires, and a second hoop near the top. If you purchase basket settings, the diamond should be set low in the basket, to keep the center of gravity as close as possible to the ear lobe, for a proper fit.
- Martini style settings: The best setting, however, is difficult to find, and it is called a martini style setting. In this style, the back of the diamond (or culet) rests most nearly against the ear lobe. Because the center of gravity is further backwards, the diamond rests straight forward in the ear lobe, for a neat, clean forward look. Martini style settings hold the diamond with three prongs as opposed to four prongs as in the previous two styles of setting. This shows off the brilliance and fire of the diamond more effectively because there is less metal covering the actual stone itself. If you hold the martini setting with the post downward, it appears like a martini glass, with three simple wires that secure the diamond and extend to three prongs.
Cubic Zirconia In a Range Of Colors
Today, you’ll find cubic zirconia in every color imaginable. From fiery reds to delicate yellows, these stones typically range from 3mm-10mm in size with as much clarity as precious stones, if not more. In addition to the clear diamond style, today’s most popular colors for cz jewelry are pink, champagne and light green. Besides traditional diamond cuts such as pear, marquise and oval, you’ll find these colorful stones in sweet shapes like hearts and butterflies that bear a unique sparkle. All of these colors and shapes can be found in studs, dangles, and most other earring styles. A set of colorful cz earrings in a dramatic color combined with an elegant black or white outfit is undeniably the perfect evening look.
CZ Combined With Gemstones
The popularity of colorful gemstones combined with cz is also a hot trend. It is regularly spotted complimenting amethyst, peridot and all other birthstones. These earrings can have a clean, modern feel in a simple platinum setting, or adopt an antique look with fine detailing and a marcasite setting. We’re also now seeing pairings of bright blue turquoise and cz which conveys an earthier elegance. Finally, luxurious enameled surfaces are making a comeback, where you’ll find colorful enamel pieces embellished with brilliant, clear cubic zirconia stones.
Whether you wear richly-colored cz stones, or use it to accent a beautiful natural stone, you’ll have a vibrant, contemporary look.
The first C is the colour of diamond and the colour is the natural tint of diamond. And always remember that if you are searching for affordable earrings then colour is the most important factor which you must consider. Diamonds with yellow tint is affordable compare to red and pink as they are expensive.
The next is the cut of diamond which you must consider. The cut of diamond refers two different categories first is the quality of diamond and second is the shape. You can have host of choices in diamond cut such as emerald, princess, round and many other. But if you want to save money on your earring then you can go for those cuts which are not common because they are less expensive. You can also buy an earring of low quality. You can determine the quality of the cut by how much the light the cut reflects and make the diamond sparkle or you can also check how sharp the angle is.
Another thing which you must consider before purchasing your affordable earring is the clarity of diamond. Clarity refers to the number of imperfections or inclusions in your earring. Always remember that a clear diamond is very expensive therefore those who are searching for affordable earring can buy a diamond earring with a few marks inside. And you can not see these marks with naked eye therefore it is the best way to get earring at cheap prices.
At last is the carat of diamond. Carat of diamond refers to the weight of diamond and is measured in carat. And always remember that carat is the most important factor which you must consider if you are searching for affordable earrings because a diamond of higher carat is expensive compare to diamond of lower carat. Another reason of considering carat is that earring come in pairs and should have two equal sizes of diamonds.
After considering the 4C’S you must consider the style of your earring. There are host of choices in style but the most popular style is chandelier style earring. These earrings are best for formal situation and for those women who work. And they are very affordable earrings so you can easily buy it without spending your lot of money.
But if you are looking for classic style then diamond stud earrings are the best option for you. The most common style of diamond stud earrings are post and hinged. But before purchasing your diamond stud earring you must have the knowledge that in post style diamonds are placed on metal post whereas in hinged style diamonds hang below hinge. But before selecting the style of earring you must consider the taste and preference of your partner.
Threader pearl earrings
Threader pearl earrings provide a gorgeous and fashionable look for your collection. These earrings are fully adjustable length wise to provide a personal item for you to own. Pearls can dangle best with that chain below the ear and don’t worry about the chain; it is thin but can hold the bead firmly. The chains are always made in 18k gold, 14k gold or solid silver.
one larger gemstone, geometric shape or charm hangs from the earring base normally facing forward. Some drop earrings combine a charm and a gemstone (crystal, diamond, pearls and so on). The basic design of the drop requires the earring to hang in a straight line from base to end.
Screw On pearl earring
The most unique feature of this type is that it can wear by non-pierced people. With a terminator that screws up against the back of the ear to hold the earring in place, which could be a stud or dangle types. They become rare now for some reason that could not wear for several hours as un-comfort caused.
The earring has multi branches that hang down from the earring base. At the end of branch are some gemstones, most are tear or drop shaped.
Types of earring hangers
- Fish Hook pearl earring: It got its name as the part goes through the ear like a fish hook, with the pearl dangle under your earlobe.
- French Hoop pearl earring: a rounded hanger that is open at the bottom to allow other part to past through your earring. It is circular in design, and look like to a ring on the earrings while the pearl is below the ear.
- Lever back pearl earring: Could be used by pierced or non- pierced people. The back of the earring flips up to press against the back of your ear.
Tips on choosing pearl earrings
- Style – Choose a proper earring styles that could best make your outstand, stud, hoop, hook… there are too much choices. But women’s jewelry box could not be filled with lacking of some earring types.
- Pearl Size: there are also too much pearl sizes that disturb your choice. For a stud earring, pearl sized in 12mm is enough, as bigger pearl sizes require big earlobe, which could make other beautiful scenery on your ears. But 6mm pearls could also exquisite and small.
- Material: Some pearl earrings are made of 18k gold, 14k gold, solid silver or other cheap materials. This is a totally personal preference. But if you are a little bit metallic allergic, choose k gold earrings; other gemstones like diamond, jade, crystal can also match perfectly with pearls. Pearl & diamond earrings are more luxurious and elegant, especially pearl & diamond stud earring, which required smaller pearl sizes (7-9mm) as some spaces needed to mounted diamonds around.